Conditions of Flight
1. Passengers are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved clothing from 100% natural fibres.
2. Receipt of payment vouchers / flight e-tickets must be produced at launch site.
3.No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight
4. Any known medical condition which may affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle at the time of booking and to the pilot on the day of the flight, i.e. epilepsy, recent surgery etc. Some conditions may preclude you from eligibility to fly.
5.Pregnant women will not be permitted to fly
6. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle will not accept liability for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot or crew or company representative.
7.The pilot in command is legally obliged to consider the safety of his passengers at all times and may refuse to carry passengers for whatever reason if it is considered their carriage may endanger the flight, other passengers or themselves. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle reserves the right to refuse the carriage of any passenger.
8.Any Passenger in excess of 125 kg / 280 pounds, or any passenger who requires the space in the basket for 2 passengers, will be required to book an additional space at the time of booking and pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance could lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
9. All passengers must carefully listen to the security briefing (see below) given by the pilot before the launch of the balloon and indicate in case he / she doesn’t understand the security briefing.
10.. The pilot of the day has absolute authority and all passengers and crew must comply with his instructions. The pilot’s decision on all matters is final.
11.. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle expects passengers to assist the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
12.. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, change rendezvous and launch sites, at short notice, to achieve a safe and successful flight. We will not accept liability for any consequential loss or inconvenience.
Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle carries third party and passenger liability for each balloon of USD 10 millions.
13. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other passenger or bystander.
14. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
15. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects.
16. Flights cancelled by Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle for safety reasons or as a result of unfavourable weather or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle will be refunded in cash either in Bagan or in Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to organise their refunds.
17. Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
18.Balloons over Bagan / Balloons over Inle will not fly children under the age of 8 years. A child under the age of 16 years will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult, and the child is over 4’6” tall (or 137 cm)
Important Security Briefing (as given by the pilot before take-off)
1.NO SMOKING IN AND AROUND THE BALLOON at all times.
2.If you are feeling unwell, if you have any medical conditions or you might be pregnant please inform the Pilot before the balloon is inflated.
During inflation do not walk between the trucks and the balloon. Stay behind the red barrier cord until asked to “Climb Aboard” by the Ground Crew.
To climb in – use the step-holes in the side of the basket.
Once you are in the basket do not get out, even after landing – stay in the basket until the Pilot tells you it is safe to get out.
Do not touch any coloured ropes, the fuel-hoses or any of the burner controls.
4.Before take-off your pilot will ask all passengers to practise the landing position as follows;
Safely stow all phones, cameras, binoculars etc, do not have anything loose around your neck (if you have long hair-please tie it up or tuck it away).
Face backwards to the direction of travel.
Hold onto the rope handles woven into the basket side-wall in front of you.
Sit down on the seat.
LEAN BACK against the basket padding, sit upright and do not lean forward.
Place your feet flat on the floor with your toes away from the basket wall.
Stay in this position until the Pilot tells you it is safe to move.
When the Pilot gives the command “LANDING POSITIONS” please comply IMMEDIATELY – this is very important for the SAFETY of all of the PASSENGERS.
The landing might be a series of bounces and the basket might lay on it’s side and drag along the ground until it stops. Stay in the LANDING POSITION until the Pilot tells you it is safe to move.
In the unlikely event of an emergency – please follow the instructions given by the Pilot at all times.
If you do not understand any part of these instructions, please inform the Pilot before the balloon is inflated.